Wednesday 17 October 2012

Tree of Life

Recently I was looking to try out some different designs that I haven't attempted yet. Tree of Life pendant looks interesting and really effective. It would always remind me of a little Wire Tree that my parents had back home. That tree was meant to bring luck and money.

So anyway, I have looked on Youtube again to see any tutorials. Though I must admit I am guilty of never fully following tutorials and tend only get the jist of the whole project from the videos. The rest I work out myself to make it work for me. On the video I have watched for this, 0.3mm wire was used for branches and the actual tree. At the time I only had 0.6mm wire but it does the job. For future attempts I have ordered some 0.3mm wire and will look into smaller beads as these seemed a bit too big. Especially considering the whole pendant is about 4is cm in diameter. So is pretty big as it is.

In my opinion, the good thing about this design is the fact that you can fit it any season. Mine is green as I love spring and summer but for this time of year mixing in red and orange beads would create lovely autumn leaves. I will also look into creating different shapes within the round pendant and expand the idea. So maybe use symbols, etc. Like the "Peace" sign perhaps?

Here is my take on Tree of Life! Hope you like it. :-) V. x


No comments:

Post a Comment