Monday 13 August 2012

Back to Basics

As much as I would love to dive into some amazing and beautiful designs, it's probably best to try out some easy basic designs at first and master the techniques. On the way home from my first trip to the Arts & Crafts shop I was already imagining the amazing work I will do.

Well let me tell you.. Wire jewellery is not easy! I have previously done bracelets wih tiny little beads but to me it was nowhere near as complicated as working with wire.

I quickly come across an issue which I am yet to research. Jewellery wire is very delicate and needs great care. The tools being metal tend to damage the enamel on the wire. I have a couple of ideas how to avoid this which I will try out later on this evening.

Perhaps you have any tips for this yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment