Sunday 12 August 2012

The Beginning

As my first ever post on this blog I would like to give a little bit of background as to what I have previously done and reason for my interest in wire jewellery.

I have always had an interest in making things with my own hands. Originally as a kid I have started off by making cards, cross stitch, knitting, sewing, etc. As I have grown up in Latvia we were taught a lot of things at school which is where my interest began. I have used different materials and got the feel for different types of arts & crafts.

In the last couple of years I have stopped making as many things due to lack of free time but still had a great interest in all things handmade so I have been a fan of Etsy and Pinterest for a while. More recently I have noticed a type of jewellery making which was unusual and intricate- "Wire Jewellery". The detail as well as craftsmanship really grabbed my attention and sparked my interest in this art. I thought I'd give it a try myself and see where it takes me. So here I am...

While the websites for beginners are really good and have some individual pieces of information that are valuable I could not find a site which gives enough information for a brand new starter of this craft. Forums tend to be really good for any advice however I am still to find a forum that has more information on Wire Jewellery as opposed to other types of Handmade Jewellery. So from now I will post information on any obstacles I have come across or any important facts/observations that would be useful to a newbie like me.

Watch this space! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment