Friday 21 September 2012

Cabochon Wrapping

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I have invested into a couple of magazines which I have been scrutinizing for a good few weeks now. n one of the magazines I have discovered a great way of wrapping cabochon beads. The cabochon that I bought is a turquoise howlite from eBay. I wanted to try out the techniques and experiment with wire.


The design in the magazine had a slightly different finish. Instead of curls in the middle part of the pendant, it was crossed over and wired around the back. I must admit I have run out of wire length by that point so I had to improvise which I don't think turned out too bad. Especially for a first attempt... :) It's delicate and very wearable and I can't wait to wear it to work next week.

1 comment:

  1. It's very cute! I've just started playing with making bits and pieces of jewellery. It's fun and I wish I had enough money to invest in some nicer materials but I'm sure my time will come. It's great to see what other people are doing.

    ReplyDelete