Friday 21 September 2012

The power of Grey

The great thing about beads is that they come in different shapes and colours! This provides us jewellery makers with inspiration and ability to create unique pieces of work. Even though I love brightly coloured beads, pastel coloured and natural looking beads are my weakness! So while at Hobby Craft I could not resist getting some white, silvery and grey beads. Combining with silver plated wire I've been using for the last couple of months I thought they'd make a nice piece.

Finally I have found some time to make some jewellery! A bit ironic considering I am off sick from work...
So anyway.. I have used 0.8mm silver plated wire and 6 beads from the chain. I wanted to create something very simple and elegant but with a little bit of detailed. I used simple techniques to achieve this look and pretty sure anyone can attempt this!!!


I just love how silver wire makes the beads look brighter. This item is very wearable as it doesn't really need to match any of your clothing. That's the great thing about natural coloured beads such as these! And even more importantly, the whole bracelet cost about £1!!! BARGAIN! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment