Sunday 9 September 2012

Latest Attempts

Over the past few weeks I have been very busy with family visiting, work, home life, etc; so had less time to spend practicing my jewellery making. Finally things are calming down a little so I managed to spend a few hours with my wires and beads. I have also recently invested into two magazines and I must say I was very impressed!!! Here are the two magazines I went for: Make Jewellery and Wirework.


I had a quick browse through both and they've been great help! Wire Jewellery had some designs for people with a bit more skill however they look great and definitely can be done. This is an English magazine so easily accessible in UK. I bought mine from Tesco an it was around £5 I think. Not bad value for money!
Now the other magazine I bought is Wirework and I can't praise it enough. This magazine is perfect for newbies! It has basic tutorials with detailed step by step information and pictures. It's so helpful and it's probably the most useful bit of literature I own for wire jewellery learning. One down side to the magazine is that it's American magazine. So it's nothing too dramatic however I had to travel a little to get it from a Hobby shop. It was approx £4 and is the best value for money considering tutorial books are probably 5 times as expensive and have more or less the same info.

So after reading through the magazines I have attempted some of the designs. I have made and finished properly my first Big-ish project. I have made this bracelet yesterday as per design from Wirework magazine. Here is the picture of the final result:


It's a pretty straightforward design and it looks great! Hope you guys like it. If anyone wants me to post step by step tutorial because you can't get access to the magazine, then just let me know. I have also made a suggested variation of the design which can be used in the bracelet or perhaps for making a necklace or earrings.

So guys, any feedback or questions are always welcome! So feel free to comment/ask! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment