Friday 21 September 2012

Rings


Internet and magazines are full of different ring designs. At first I have attempted some simple basic designs such as simple wire wrapping rings. I am aiming to make some Herringbone weaved rings. Haven't really quite figured those out yet but practice makes perfect!

The two rings above are my most recent attempts. I have combined copper and silver plated wire in order to create the bottom design. I have used simple wire weaving and then spun the ends around in order to create fastening with spiral ends. You could have a play around with longer pieces of wire and create different shapes. You could use some beads to make them more unique.


Now the top ring is my favourite! I have started it off by platting 3 strands of wire to make it big enough for my ring size. It's a simple plat that you'd use in your hair. Trying out 4 strands of wire should work perfectly too and make the ring a bit thicker. Once the sizing is perfect I have twisted the wire ends and pressed them down to form little spiral effect over and over until about an inch of wire ends were left. Then I have wrapped the ends on either side of the ring band. It has that celtic look about it and looks so great! I am definitely wearing that one soon!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment